Many creatures call The Parklands home, and every creature here impacts it - including you. Help us make a commitment to protecting this land for generations to come by keeping our parks clean and safe for everyone. Our park rules are designed to ensure a great visitor experience is had by all. Please be respectful of your surroundings and have fun!
Read on to find out how you can shape The Parklands of Floyds Fork in a positive way.
Park Rules and Regulations
- Park open dawn to dusk unless otherwise programmed.
- Vehicles must remain on park roads and in designated parking areas.
- Speed limit of 25 mph is strictly enforced.
- ATVs are not permitted.
- No fireworks, glass containers, hunting, open fires, metal detecting, dumping, littering, sales, or solicitation.
- Activities that involve flying projectiles, including but not limited to rockets, archery and golfing, are prohibited.
- Charcoal grills are not permitted, and gas grills are only permitted in the PricewaterhouseCoopers Pavilion in Beckley Creek Park and the Woodland Pavilion in Broad Run Park.
- The use of tobacco products is not permitted in playground and sprayground areas.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles, including drones, are prohibited in all areas of The Parklands unless in the service of official Parklands work or with the written consent of the park management team.
- Disturbing or collecting any vegetation or natural resources within The Parklands of Floyds Fork is prohibited.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages prohibited, except by permit issued by 21st Century Parks.
- Amplified sound and music prohibited, except by permit issued by 21st Century Parks.
- Food sales and distribution prohibited, except by permit issued by 21st Century Parks.
- Any organization using the park that charges a fee for participation in their activity by the participants (photography sessions, fitness classes, etc.) must get an annually approved commercial use permit. This policy does not distinguish between for-profit and non-profit commercial use.
- Please obey all posted signs.
Dog, Animal, and Wildlife Rules
- Dogs are welcome in The Parklands. Owners are responsible for sanitary disposal of dog feces and for keeping their pets on leashes. A designated off-leash play area is provided within The Barklands of Beckley Creek Park. A membership with the Louisville Dog Run Association is required for use.
- Horses and hoofed animals are not permitted in The Parklands at this time.
- Do not feed or harass wildlife.
- No hunting or trapping permitted.
- Anglers must adhere to all Kentucky Fish & Wildlife rules and regulations.
- If you see a sick, injured, or dead animal in a public area of the park, please do not attempt to touch or move it, and call (502) 584-0350 immediately.
For Your Enjoyment and Safety
- Do not take unnecessary valuables with you on your outing, and never leave any valuables unattended in the park or in your car.
- Please be aware of your surroundings. Note the name of the park and/or trail that you are on, including the mile distances on the Loop or Floyd's Fork while in the park.
- Watch the weather.
- Carry a mobile phone.
- If out on a trail or on Floyds Fork, let a friend or family member know where you are going and when you will return.
- During hot and muggy days, avoid unnecessary exposure to heat and drink plenty of water.
- Always wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket, and follow posted safety guidelines if paddling on Floyds Fork.
- Be aware that water levels rise quickly on Floyds Fork and smaller creeks in the park.
- Stay on marked trails.
- Children should be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Only use park equipment and/or facilities for the intended purpose.
- Do not use soft surface trails when they are muddy.
Emergency: Call 911
LMPD Non-Emergency: (502) 574-2111
General Parklands Information: (502) 584-0350