John Floyd Fields, formerly Floyd Fork Park, lies in the heart of Pope Lick Park off Taylorsville Rd. On January 1, 2011, The Parklands of Floyds Fork assumed responsibility of John Floyd Fields through an innovative agreement with Metro Louisville. 21st Century Parks will provide all maintenance, operations and programming for John Floyd Fields, and has integrated the former Metro Park into The Parklands overall recreational, educational and conservation planning.
- The north sports field is available to the public on a first come, first serve basis.
- The 13 other multi-sized fields are currently managed by J-Town Youth Soccer Association and are reserved for their use. Click here to learn more about JYSA.
- A 0.7 mile, paved Fitness Circle surrounds the fields and is available for walkers during park hours. Great for getting your does of exercise during games and practices on John Floyd Fields!
- A large parking lot near the John Floyd Community Building services the fields. Additional parking is available near the southern fields, with paved paths connecting to the Fitness Circle.
- A nearby playground and picnic pavilion make this a great spot for events or casual use.