The Cliffside Playground and Sprayground (10700 Broad Run Parkway) is a great place for kids to play and for parents to gather. The playground and restrooms are open year round, with the water at the Sprayground turned on mid-May through September. This area is similar to the Marshall Playground and Sprayground at Creekside Center in Beckley Creek Park but is about 1/3 of the size larger!
**The water at the Sprayground will be turned off for the 2017 season on Monday, October 16.**
Key Features of the Playground include:
- Accessible, integrated play space - Made possible in part by a donation from Kosair Charities, features within the structure allow for creative play and problem solving for children of all abilities.
- Toddler section recommended for ages 2 to 5 - play equipment suited for younger children above a rubber surface designed to protect against falls. Equipment in this section is near to the ground, encourages the use of sight, sound, and touch and is situated nearby restrooms. A shade structure over this section improves playability and comfort on the hottest days.
- Big kids section recommended for ages 6 to 12 - play equipment over a rubber surface designed to protect against falls. The play area for older children exemplifies adventure opportunities for climbing and motion based fun. One of the key inspirations for the play area lies in the installation of equipment that encourages playground users to work together and meet new friends – a socializing space.
- CPTED (crime prevention through environmental design) layout
- Turf around the play areas provides "un-programmed space" where families can spread out and enjoy more time at the park.
- Native plants and hanging gardens add to the venue’s unique 21st century playground design
Key Features of the Sprayground include:
- Three-loop spray tunnel
- Water cannons
- Elevated flower wheel spray and water bucket
- Water spouts and geysers
- Shaded seating adjacent to water features
- Toddler section featuring a river replica where small children can embark on a "water journey" while playing with the levers and water in the "creek". This unique play structure is the only one of its kind in Kentucky!
Cliffside Playground & Sprayground is adjacent to the reservable Redbud Shelter, which is a great spot for celebrations such as birthday parties. During peak months we expect the Redbud Shelter to be very popular, so check availability and plan your event by contacting our events team by phone at (502) 584-0350 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Picnic tables at Cliffside Center outside of the Redbud Shelter are available on a first come, first use basis and may NOT be reserved.