The Marshall Playground and Sprayground (1400 Beckley Creek Parkway) is one of Beckley Creek Park’s most popular amenities — in fact, it was voted LEO Readers’ Choice “Best Playground” in 2012. It’s a great place for kids to play and for parents to gather. The playground and restrooms are open year round, with the water at the Sprayground turned on mid-May through September. The Marshall Playground was made possible, in part, by a grant from Louisville Metro and a donation from the Marshall Family Foundation. You’re going to love it!
**The water at the Sprayground will be turned off for the 2017 season on Monday, October 16.**
Key Features of the Playground include:
- Toddler section recommended for ages 2 to 5 - play equipment suited for younger children above a rubber mat designed to protect against falls. Amenities in this section are near to the ground and situated nearby restrooms.
- Big kids section recommended for ages 6 to 12 - Play equipment designed for climbing and swinging over a wood chip surface. The equipment is designed without a specific purpose in mind, intending to encourage imagination and discovery.
- CPTED (crime prevention through environmental design) layout
- Native plants and hanging gardens add to the venue’s unique 21st century playground design
Key Features of the Sprayground include:
- Three-loop spray tunnel
- Water cannons
- Elevated flower wheel spray and water bucket
- Water spouts and geysers
Picnic tables are available on a first come, first use basis and may NOT be reserved.