The Marshall Playground and Sprayground (1400 Beckley Creek Parkway) is one of Beckley Creek Park’s most popular amenities — in fact, it was voted LEO Readers’ Choice “Best Playground” in 2012. It’s a great place for kids to play and for parents to gather. The playground and restrooms are open year round, with the water at the Sprayground turned on mid-May through September. The Marshall Playground was made possible, in part, by a grant from Louisville Metro and a donation from the Marshall Family Foundation. You’re going to love it!
**Water at the Marshall Sprayground turns on for the 2019 season on May 1st. Weather permitting, water stays on through September, closing once the weather cools down. Keep an eye on our events page and park bulletin boards for information on monthly maintenance closures.**
Key Features of the Playground include:
- Toddler section recommended for ages 2 to 5 - play equipment suited for younger children above a rubber mat designed to protect against falls. Amenities in this section are near to the ground and situated nearby restrooms.
- Big kids section recommended for ages 6 to 12 - Play equipment designed for climbing and swinging over a wood chip surface. The equipment is designed without a specific purpose in mind, intending to encourage imagination and discovery.
- CPTED (crime prevention through environmental design) layout
- Native plants and hanging gardens add to the venue’s unique 21st century playground design
Key Features of the Sprayground include:
- Three-loop spray tunnel
- Water cannons
- Elevated flower wheel spray and water bucket
- Water spouts and geysers
Picnic tables are available on a first come, first use basis and may NOT be reserved.