Portion of Broad Run Road Closed for Re-paving
There will be intermittent road closures on Broad Run Road beginning Thursday, August 2 as crews work to re-pave the road. Work is expected to last approximately eight weeks.
During this time, Parklands visitors are encouraged to use Seatonville Road to access Turkey Run Park and its amenities, including Hockensmith Barn in the Brown-Forman Silo Center and the Silo Center Bike Park. Visitors are also encouraged to use Bardstown Road to access Broad Run Park.
Suggested directions to Turkey Run Park & Brown-Forman Silo Center:
(From Downtown Louisville via I-64)
- Take the Gene Snyder South to Exit 19 Billtown Road
- Take a left onto Billtown Road (.9 miles)
- Turn left onto Seatonville Road (at the stop sign) and follow for about 1.5 miles
- The road will cross Floyds Fork and you will see the Turkey Run Park entrance on your right. Turn right into the park.
- Follow the new park road (Turkey Run Pkwy) up the hill, past the Sky Meadow parking area (on your left) and under a pedestrian bridge until you come to the bottom of a hill and see a house straight ahead (you’ve gone about 1.5 miles in the park). Take a left onto Stout Road.
- Follow Stout Road past the Ben Stout House and a small silo. The road will take you back uphill to the Brown-Forman Silo Center.
- The parking area for the Silo Center will be on your left (look for big yellow silo). Valet drop-off will be located in this parking lot. Please use the second parking lot entrance.
You may also enter the address 13708 Seatonville Road, Louisville, KY 40299 into Google Maps.
Map to Brown-Forman Silo Center
Suggested Directions to Broad Run Park:
(From Downtown Louisville via I-65)
- Take I-65 to Exit 125 (I-265 Gene Snyder Freeway East)
- Follow I-265 East to Exit 17 (Bardstown Road)
- Turn South onto Bardstown Road and follow for approximately 4 miles and look for park entrance on your left
- Turn left into Broad Run Park and onto Broad Run Parkway
You may also enter the address 10899 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40291 into Google Maps.
For those familiar with the area, below is a detour plan that Metro Public Works has distributed to the community to help navigate around the closure.