The following flood closures have re-opened to visitors:
- All paddling accesses are closed. UPDATE, 9/27/18: NOW OPEN
- The section of Louisville Loop that runs through The Strand is closed from the southern end of Pope Lick Park to the northern end of Turkey Run Park. There is no through-passage to continue on the Louisville Loop once you reach this area. UPDATE, 9/26/18: NOW OPEN
- Bardstown Road entrance of Broad Run Park is now closed. Water is over the roadway near Cliffside Center. UPDATE, 9/26/18: NOW OPEN
- The Louisville Loop in Beckley Creek Park is closed from Mile Marker 72.3 to 73.0 due to flooding. UPDATE, 9/25/18: NOW OPEN
- A portion of Beckley Creek Parkway is now closed near the I-64 overpass, the Egg Lawn and the Thornton Bridge in Beckley Creek Park. UPDATE, 9/25/18: NOW OPEN
Please plan your visit accordingly and check back here for the latest updates on flooding in The Parklands.
Being a donor-supported public park means we rely on donations, not tax dollars, for annual operations each year. Because of your generosity, we are able to maintain, program, and further develop this extraordinary public space without charging an entry fee. Together we work to enhance quality of life and help our community and economy grow in ways that are healthy, sustainable, and enjoyable for people of all ages. Help us reach our goal of sustaining The Parklands by becoming a Member today. Members make it happen!
Become a Member