Take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and get lost in the beauty of nature. Nothing is more enchanting than a stroll along the trails of Trestle Point and the Big Beech Woods. And nothing beats paddling along the banks of Floyds Fork and experiencing the thrill of the rushing water. Add to that numerous soccer fields where kids enjoy hours of activity and friendly competition and you have the makings of a perfect outdoor getaway.
Directions to Pope Lick Park from Downtown Louisville:
- Take I-64 East to exit 19A to merge onto I-265S/Gene Snyder Fwy
- Take exit 23 for KY-155/Taylorsville Rd.
- Turn left onto Taylorsville Rd/KY-155-E
- Turn right onto S. Pope Lick Rd (right before the Shell station)
- Follow S. Pope Lick Rd to the trailhead parking area or over a small bridge to the John Floyd Fields parking lot.